Engaging in a partnership with our 8th grade youth through the confirmation process is one of most meaningful and wonderful things BPC undertakes every year. Confirmation is a serious, active, challenging, thought provoking, and fun exercise in exploring our faith! Classes start April 3rd at the church from 6 to 7:30 PM.
Class dates are as follows:
- April 3, 10
- May 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 (optional)
- June 5 Day of Pentecost - we will be welcoming our Confirmands during 10 AM worship service.
Youth will participate in the following activities:
- Choose a sponsor (active member of BPC) to be your partner in this journey. Contact Pastor John if you need help finding a sponsor.
- Active participation for worship and classes. Regular class attendance is expected.
- Read a Gospel (Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John) by the end of April.
- Make a gift of your own money to a church/charity of your choice.
- Participate in a mission project of your choice.
- Be a worship leader during the youth-led Christmas Worship Service or Easter Service.
- Attend 1 worship service of another church or faith by the end of May .
- Write your own Statement of Faith
We hope youth who are considering confirmation will:
- Choose to be baptized or confirm their baptism.
- Declare their faith by creating personal, inspiring statements of faith.
- Choose to be commissioned to responsible church membership where they will share their gifts.
- Experience the benefit of learning from their peers and partnering with church leaders to grow in their discipleship and commitment to Christ.
- Come to know more about the Bible, Reformed theology, Christian history, mission and service, prayer, worship, what it means to be Presbyterian, and what it means to be a contributing member of BPC.
Confirmands, as your church family, we will be a faithful partner in the journey. We will welcome you and encourage you and pray for you. We will find ways to share on our own faith journey to enhance mutual learning. We will help you with your statements of faith and finds ways to support you and lift you up as you get more involved in the life and leadership of the church! That is our Baptismal promise to you!
Contact Pastor John Sawyer with any questions.