Welcome to the Children's Ministry
2020-2021 Sunday School
Each week your BPC teachers will put together a series of lessons that you can do at home with your family or on your own. Follow the links below for fun videos, songs, and relaxation music. Be sure to download any PDF files for fun family activities. We hope enjoy learning about the ways in which you can find the presence of God in your lives through Jesus.
Lesson for October 18, 2020
- Watch along as Miss Eliza reads the Luke 18:18-30 about The Rich Man, and think about how our church family and your family make generous acts possible? Talk about how you can participate in these opportunities.
- Want to find ways to make the world a better place? Check out Kid President and talk about some of the ideas or programs your kids may have to help people in need.
- Download and print the Ten Commandments Game and Instructions to play at home with your family.
- For older kids, learn about poverty levels and struggles the poor face in the United States by watching Tour Poverty USA.
- Consider playing some meditative music while kids pause to reflect on today’s lessons.
Lesson for October 11, 2020
- Watch along as Miss Eliza read the Bible story John 4:1-32 about The Very Thirsty Woman.
- Enjoy the song "Living Waters" by Keith & Kristyn Getty and be sure to incorporate a movement for water into your dance moves.
- Learn more about the Living Waters for the World project, a program that works to provide clean water for communities.
- Download and print this activity to do at home with your family.
- For older kids read this commentary for a different perspective about the story.
- Talk with family members about you would each respond if Jesus asked you for a drink of water. Reflect on the things or activities in your life that you find refreshing. Explore ways you can share living water with other people.
- Consider playing the meditative sound effects of flowing water while you pause to reflect.
Lesson for October 4, 2020
- Listen to Miss Eliza read Luke 17:11-19 The Thankful Man
- Watch the video Only One Came Back! and talk about what you see.
- Watch the What is Gratitude video and talk about why it's important to have a good attitude and share ways that you show gratitude.
- Download and print these Thankful Man activities to do at home with your family.
Lesson for September 27, 2020
- Listen to Miss Eliza read Luke 7:36-48 The Thankful Woman
- Watch the video Who Is a Refugee and talk about what you see.
- Download and print these Thankful Woman activities to do at home with your family
- What are you thankful for? Make a thankful jar, write your gratitude on a note and as you sit quietly, listen to a few minutes of relaxing music to reflect, then put your note in the jar.
Lesson for September 20, 2020