One of most meaningful and wonderful things BPC does is partner with our 8th grade youth in the confirmation process. Confirmation is serious, active, challenging, thought provoking and fun! We hope youth who are considering confirmation will:
- Choose to be baptized or confirm their baptism
- Declare their faith by creating personal, inspiring statements of faith
- Choose to be commissioned to responsible church membership where they will share their gifts
- Experience the benefit of learning from their peers and partnering with church leaders to grow in their discipleship and commitment to Christ
- Come to know more about the Bible, Reformed theology, Christian history, mission and service, prayer, worship, what it means to be Presbyterian, and what it means to be a contributing member of BPC
Confirmands, as your church family, we will be a faithful partner in the journey, we will welcome you and encourage you and pray for you, we will find ways to share on our own faith journey to enhance mutual learning, we will help you with your statements of faith and finds ways to support you and lift you up as you get more involved in the life and leadership of the church!
Confirmation begins with a mandatory, introductory meeting for parents and 8th grade youth on Sunday, September 25.. Join us for worship at 5 p.m., followed by dinner and info meeting. For more information call the church office at 472-5841. Confirmation usually meets the 2nd and 4th Sunday, following 5 p.m. worhsip, which is a part of the class. Please see Co-Pastor Karen for the schedule.