Every Sunday, before the Offering, one of our Deacons or Elders will stand before you and tell you about the good that your giving does in the life of our church, and community, and world. From feeding hungry people to welcoming the young and not-so-young, from caring for our members and extended church family to caring for our historic facility, from celebrating the gifts of our people to supporting our excellent church staff, God is at work in and through it all.
Because you give, God does all of this – and so much more. . .
- Worship – Because you give, Bedford Presbyterian Church offers God praise in worship, 52 Sundays a year in-person and online – reaching people where they are (physically and spiritually) and speaking, and praying, and singing good news to all the world. Because you give, God does this – and so much more. . .
- Mission – Because you give, people in need of mental health counseling in the greater Manchester area are able to find trained help through Pastoral Counseling Service. Because you give, people who live in Central Maine have a new roof over their heads – protecting their home from the elements. Because you give, people who live in Puerto Rico received home repairs. Because you give, the Safi Family from Afghanistan is so much closer to self-sufficiency – with two parents who work, three healthy boys, access to health care and opportunities to learn English. Because you give, we are able to host the Bedford Community Food Pantry in our church’s Mission Outpost – feeding 50 households a week. Because you give, God does all this – and so much more. . .
- Deacons – Because you give, the Pastor’s Discretionary Fund was able to give thousands of dollars to people in need – paying utility and medical and grocery bills. Because you give – we welcomed between 60 and 70 Ageless Wonders to our monthly gatherings, bringing joy and friendship to people in need of connection. Because you give, we are able to offer receptions for families who are grieving the loss of a loved-one. Because you give, we were able to offer three scholarships to recent graduates and pay for “These Days” devotion books throughout the year. Because you give, we will be offering $10,000 to households who are food-insecure through our Thanksgiving Food Ministry and Christmas Gifts through our Adopt-a-Family program. Because you give, God does all this – and so much more. . .
- Academy – Because you give, we are able to supply a nursery worker and dedicated volunteers during worship each week. Because you give, we are able to offer the children and youth a comprehensive Sunday School and youth program. Because you give, we are able to hold special events like our Easter Egg Hunt in the Spring and our Christmas Pageant this coming December. Because you give, we are able to hold monthly forums on a variety of topics – spurring our people to grow in knowledge and faith. Because you give, we hosted an incredibly successful Rise Against Hunger event last week, during which 55 people packed 10,000 meals that will be shipped to hungry people around the world. Because you give, God does all this – and so much more. . .
- Fellowship – Because you give, we are able to enjoy time together as a church family through meals, Coffee Hour, a dance, and so many other ways. Because you give, God does all this – and so much more. . .
- Finance – Because you give, we are able to celebrate the generosity of God in our midst with balanced budgets and tens of thousands of dollars given away to offer the love of Jesus. Because you give, we are able to see the fruits of our giving through a growing church Endowment Fund and people committing, anew, to offer God their best. Because you give, God does all this – and so much more. . .
- Building and Grounds – Because you give, we are able to open the doors of our church building to all people – welcoming people to worship, meetings, support groups, meals, and other gatherings – making this a place that connects the people of our community to one another and (through us) to the love and hospitality of God. Because you give, we are able to dream big about being good stewards of God’s creation and preserving precious resources. Because you give, we have been able to completely retrofit almost every light bulb in our church to drastically reduce our electricity consumption. Because you give, we are planning a big push in 2024 in celebration of BPC’s 275th Anniversary to bring our monthly electricity bills to nearly zero with the installation of solar panels. Because you give, God does all this – and so much more. . .
- Personnel – Because you give, we are able to provide our church staff with the resources they need to be most effective in their ministry. Because you give, we have a Church Administrator who began our Ageless Wonders ministry a year ago and is dreaming big dreams about how she will serve the church in the coming years. Because you give, we have a Music Director who enhances worship each week and ministers to the choir and handbells and children of the church. Because you give, we have a Church Sexton who keeps things clean and running smoothly and is present with us on Sundays, just to make sure all is well. Because you give, we have a Communications Director who is hard at work sharing the good news of God’s good work through you. And because you give, we have a Pastor who is seeking to make this a place where our vision and mission aren’t just things we talk about, but values that we live. Because you give, God does all this – and so much more. . .
Because you give, we have leaders who lead so well, and people who offer their voices and serve in ways that are quiet but no less important, children who are growing in faith and knowledge and young people who serve God by serving others. Because you give, there are people who encounter our congregation and find a place of welcome and home. Because you give, we are preparing for our 275th Anniversary and the next 275 years and beyond. Because you give, God does all this – and so much more. . .
This is not an exhaustive list. In fact, it’s just a beginning when it comes to God’s impact on each of us, God’s impact on our church, and God’s impact on the world through us.
Thanks be to God! Thank you, one and all, for what God is doing and will do through you. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! To God be the glory. . .