Come join us for worship on Sundays at 10 a.m. Masks are optional. We're also broadcasting worship services each Sunday on YouTube and Facebook Live. BCTV airs the previous week's recorded service each week at 10 a.m. on BCTV Channel 16. We are deeply grateful for our partnership with BCTV.
You can follow along during Sunday services with the bulletin each week.
Recent Sunday Online Worship Services
Links to the most recent recorded Sunday services are posted as available:
About Sunday Worship
Worship is at the heart of who we are and what we do for the glory of God. We hope everyone feels welcomed as they pass through our "big green doors" into the household of faith known as Bedford Presbyterian Church. Inspiring services are crafted to connect us with the timeless Word of God in creative ways. Through scripture and sermon, sacrament and prayer, anthem and song, we open ourselves to experience the presence of God, whose love revealed in Jesus Christ, embraces us all. We delight in multigenerational ministry, joyfully welcoming all ages in our worship. Nursery care has been temporarily suspended during the pandemic.
We welcome children in worship!
Our worship services welcomes and includes all children, with a Children's Message that presents the morning lesson in terms that young children can grasp.
To help keep children quietly occupied we provide worship folders which contain worksheets and storybooks that highlight the message for that Sunday service. These folders are found in bins in the narthex outside the sanctuary.
If your child becomes fidgety or noisy, you are welcome to go to our Fellowship Hall, where a livestream of our service will be running. Restrooms are directly below the sanctuary and beyond Fellowship Hall. For safety, we require parents or older siblings to accompany children in a "buddy system" around the church. Please use the doors at the back of the sanctuary to leave and return during worship.
To the parents of young children, may we suggest...
- Relax! God put the wiggle in children; don't feel you have to suppress it in God's house. All are welcome!
- Sit toward the front where it is easier for your little ones to see and hear what's going on. They tire of seeing the backs of other's heads.
- Quietly explain the parts of the service and actions of the pastor, ushers, choir, etc.
- Sing the hymns, pray and voice the responses. Children learn to worship by being in worship with others.
- If you have to leave the service with your child, feel free to do so, but please come back.
- As Jesus said, "Let the children come to me." Remember that the way we welcome children in church directly affects the way they respond to the Church, God, and to one another.
- Let them know that they are at home in this house of worship.