We are excited to announce an incredible opportunity within our church that will play a vital role in strengthening the bond we share with our local communities. We are actively seeking a passionate and dedicated individual to serve as our Volunteer Coordinator on a non-paid basis. While this position may not offer financial compensation, its value lies in the profound impact it can have on the lives of those we serve.
As the driving force behind organizing and mobilizing our volunteers, the Volunteer Coordinator will allow us to continue making a positive impact both within our church and in the broader community. Together, let us embrace the power of volunteering and continue to transform lives, one act of service at a time.
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for coordinating volunteer activities at Bedford Presbyterian Church. This includes soliciting, screening, scheduling, training, and supervising volunteers. The Volunteer Coordinator also works to create a positive and supportive volunteer environment and to ensure that volunteers are making a meaningful impact on the church and its community.
- Develop and implement a volunteer recruitment plan that promotes opportunities and identifies and attracts qualified volunteers.
- Screen all volunteer applicants to ensure that they meet the church’s requirements and ensure all forms required are received and entered into the database.
- Provide training to volunteers on church policies and procedures, and work with lay leaders and staff to ensure volunteers are trained on the specific duties of their assigned position.
- Schedule volunteers for their assigned duties and send reminders.
- Working with lay leaders and staff, ensure that volunteers are performing their duties safely and effectively.
- Create a positive and supportive volunteer environment.
- Work with lay leaders and staff to evaluate opportunities to improve the volunteer roles.
- Develop and implement volunteer recognition and appreciation programs.
- Work with other staff members to ensure that the church’s volunteer program is effective and efficient.
- Manage a database of 100+ volunteers at BPC that will include Sunday school teachers, elders, deacons, ushers/greeters, nursery assistants, coffee hosts, youth group leaders, livestream technicians, communion servers and preparers, Neighborhood Support Team (NST) members, fellowship and special event volunteers, Helping Hands volunteers, mission trip workers, Ageless Wonder hosts, Christmas Musical volunteers, summer special music providers, Living Nativity cast, Meal Ministry volunteers, Families in Transition volunteers, and drivers to pick up those who need rides to Sunday worship.
- 2+ years of experience in volunteer coordination or a related field.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and software skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Strong commitment to the mission of Bedford Presbyterian Church.
Experience with the following will be a plus:
- Church volunteer programs.
- Background checks and other screening procedures.
- Volunteer training and orientation.
- Volunteer scheduling and supervision.
- Volunteer recognition and appreciation programs.
10-12 hours per week. Flexible, mostly work from home, with occasional meetings at church.
Salary and Benefits
We are currently seeking a volunteer from our congregation to serve in this position.
Please send an email to [email protected]. This position will report to Pastor John Sawyer.